The signposting of existing CPD provision as well as the development of programmes and packages to meet identified needs across schools in both Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin, has been the central focus of the Professional Development operational group. We have produced a mapping document which clearly identifies existing opportunities from local authorities, HEIs and other providers. Additionally we have identified our own alliance based, accredited programmes, for example our Recently Qualified Teacher Programme and Teacher Enrichment Programme. It remains our priority to be the central point of contact for high quality Professional Development.
The alliance has been successful in applying for the below grants to support our aims:
- Research & Development Closing the Gap Test and Learn Grant - enabling schools to participate in large scale trials of intervention that may help close the attainment gap for disadvantaged pupils
- Assessment for the new National Curriculum Initiative - to undertake school-based enquiry on effective assessment systems to meet the needs of the new curriculum.
- Stonewall Training the Trainer Diversity Programme - an opportunity to train the trainer primary and secondary to deliver Stonewall courses tackling homophobic bullying and celebrating diversity
- Subject Knowledge Enhancement SKE Grants in Maths and Physics - building capacity through post initial teacher training (ITT) SKE a school led model - purpose of the project is to increase teacher capacity in Maths and Physics by providing a range of SKE training. The Salop Teaching School Alliance will be providing the opportunity for teachers to participate in SKE+ on-line courses working in partnership with Plymouth University for Maths and the IOP for Physics.
- Women Leading in Education WLiE - The DfE have funded 9 school-led regional networks, aimed at supporting women at all stages of their career with career progression, facilitating leadership development and coaching, and providing opportunities to network and share effective practice. The Salop Teaching School Alliance is delighted to be part of this initiative and will be holding termly WLiE network events.
To view Salop Teaching School Alliance CPD courses please visit our CPD page.