The Priory School was awarded Teaching School status from September 2012. Teaching schools play a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support.
Collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. All teaching schools will be expected to work with a number of schools and other strategic partners to form a teaching school alliance. The alliance will deliver support for other schools in their wider network to:
• Play a greater role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession (initial teacher training)
• Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (continuing professional development)
• Identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
• Provide support for other schools
• Designate and broker SLEs
• Engage in research and development activity
Salop Teaching School Alliance Vision
We firmly believe that we are ‘stronger together’ and that partnership and collaboration between practicing teachers in different schools is the only way to continually develop and improve teaching and learning for the benefit of students, parents and the communities in which we work.