TEACHER SUBJECT SPECIALIST TRAINING COURSE
Would you like to train to teach secondary mathematics?
The Salop Teaching School Alliance have been successful in securing funding in order to develop the mathematical skills of teachers in the area. The aims of the course are to:
· Enhance mathematical knowledge to give confidence to teach mathematics
· Inspire enthusiasm for mathematics
· Provide teachers with motivating activities and tasks for teaching mathematics.
· Train staff to be able to deliver mathematics content for Key Stages 3 and 4
· Provide mentoring and support throughout the course including observations of teaching in the classroom
For teachers meeting the criteria, this course is FREE through funding provided by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL).
The Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST) course is aimed at teachers with in any of the following categories:
· Teachers whose initial training was not in secondary mathematics,
· Teachers who are returning to teaching after a career break or
· Teachers from a different phase of education who are already teaching or would like to be able to teach mathematics at secondary level.
The course will be a blended approach with face to face training meetings in Shrewsbury or Telford, online training and online resources and assessments in partnership with The Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching (CIMT), Plymouth University, to provide flexibility for delegates.
To express your interest in this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org