This MFL course is focused on existing secondary school teachers, with the aim of building the capacity of non-specialists who may be able to move into a languages role. In addition it aims to upskills non-specialists who are currently teaching Languages and those looking to return to the profession.
This course is funded through the NCTL and so there is no charge made to schools or delegates and cover costs can be reimbursed where applicable.
The course will involve attending one full day and three x 3 hour sessions dates as below:
10th May 2017 from 9.30 - 4 pm
6th June 2017 from 1 - 4 pm
14th June from 1 - 4 pm
4th July from 1 - 4 pm
• An overview of curricula within French at Key Stage 3 and 4 and main trends within pedagogy.
• Lesson observations/learning walks.
• Gap task – summarise priorities within language development and classroom teaching.
• Focus on the following areas within French:
• Grammar, phonics, pronunciation, translation, spontaneous speech, use of target language kS2 to 3 transition, use of assistant to support teaching and learning.
• Gap task assignments will need to be completed developing and improving language skills, a micro teaching session based on an area of the delegates’ initial needs analysis and develop own lesson resources.
• Optional units will be available in German and Spanish.
- Jennifer Whitfield, Specialist Leader in Education, Head of MFL, Thomas Adams School
- Lucy Talbot, Specialist Leader in Education, Head of MFL, The Priory School
We are currently seeking accreditation for this course with the University of Chester.