This course is for teaching staff and teaching assistants secondary or primary phase who teach English as an additional language in the classroom.
· What do we understand by the term EAL?
· EAL pedagogy and introduction
· The whole school ethos as EAL friendly
· What do we know about our EAL learners?
· Support Strategies and features of an inclusive classroom
· EAL and SEN/Gifted & Talented
· In the shoes of an EAL learner
· Classroom strategies and resources
There will also be opportunities to discuss and share your experiences.
Date & Times: 6th February 2020 from 9.15 - 3.15 pm
Cost: £150 per delegate , subsequent delegates from the same school only £100
Venue: The Priory School, Longden Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9EE
Facilitator: Becky Knight, Accredited Pupil Premium Reviewer, Secondary English and Drama, ITT mentoring and salaried route, Attendance, Attachment Awareness, Reconnect (Inspire TSA), English as an Additional Language, Supported two Secondary Schools with Closing the Gap.