This exciting new course is designed for secondary middle leaders who want to find out more about whether senior leadership is for them. The fully interactive workshops will begin by looking at the difference between middle and senior leadership, examining the skills needed to be effective. We will also look at how to lead on whole school initiatives and ensure they are implemented successfully.
An important aspect of senior leadership is how best to deal with challenging circumstances at a senior level, so we will consider dealing with parents and colleagues. Whole school monitoring and accountability will be discussed with a focus on the new OFSTED framework as well as internal evaluations.
In the Autumn term there will be an opportunity to shadow a senior leader in a local school for a day, which is an invaluable experience.
The final session will consider next steps, the application process and potential interview tasks.
By the end of the course you will:
· Be inspired and enthused
· Have developed a detailed understanding for the role of a successful senior leader
· Considered leadership styles and how best to use your strengths within a senior team
· Have the opportunity to share ideas on leading whole school initiatives
· Feel confident about how best to deal with challenging situations
· Have a greater understanding of accountability, monitoring and evaluation
· Know what to expect from the application process and how best to prepare for it
Course Dates & Times:
· Session One - Wednesday 10th July 2019 from 2—4.30 pm
· Session Two - Tuesday 16th July 2019 from 2—4.30 pm
· Session Three - Autumn Term 2019 - Shadowing SLT experience date to be agreed with delegate
· Session Four - Thursday 12th December 2019 from 2—4.30 pm - Follow up/evaluation
Cost:£150 per delegate
(Please note: if you have a member of staff enrolled on the course and would be willing to host a shadowing experience you would be eligible for a 10% discount)
Facilitators: Ros French, Assistant Headteacher, Meole Brace School and Alison Bell, Deputy Principal, The Priory School
Venue: The Priory School, Longden Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9EE