ASPIRANT LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
SENIOR LEADER PROGRAMME
This programme is for Aspirant or new Senior Leaders focusing on Leadership and Management secondary phase. This programme is accredited by the University of Chester. Students completing the required work at level 7 can gain 20 credits towards the MA in Educational Leadership.
Session One: What type of leader are you?
· leadership theories and styles. Identifying their own style of leadership
· change management theories. How to implement change on a practical front
· introduction to accreditation process and assessed project
Session Two: Leading inclusion and student welfare
· sustaining an inclusive school, issues around SEND
· pastoral systems - comparisons and evaluations. What is the role of a senior leader?
· effective community partnerships
· student welfare and relationships with external agencies
Session Three: Embedding high quality Teaching & Learning
· what does Outstanding teaching and learning look like?
· managing and leading middle leaders, reducing in school variation
· CPD planning and integration into T&L plan. Use of action research
· quality assurance and monitoring techniques
Session Four Data driven leadership
· in school data and its use
· external data sources e.g. raise - what is it?, how should it be used?
· whole school improvement planning and effective self evaluation
· budget and finance, overview
Session Five: Presentations
Presentation on action research project, an element of the course reflected on within their own context. Part of the accreditation process
The University of Chester, Alison Bell, Deputy Principal The Priory School, Reuben Thorley, Deputy Head, Idsall School, Rachael Brown, Headteacher, The Linden Centre
We are inviting expressions of interest for this course. The course will involve 4 day and one half day sessions. Course fee £550 per delegate.
Please either email your expression of interest to email@example.com or complete the booking details on our website CPD page www.salopteachingschool.uk. We will then contact you accordingly.